Monday, March 21, 2011

First Negril Trip

Yesterday I went to Negril for the first time. The trip to Negril was fun. I actually had a good time with everyone. There were a few moments when I was sad because I missed her even more than normal and I would have love for her to experienced seeing Negril for the first time with me, and times when I was irritated with some of the people there and just wanted to be alone. But overall the trip was fun. Negril is a bit different from the other beaches I’ve been to in Jamaica yet similar to beaches in L.A. There’s not division of the beach, nothing is dividing property lines or off limits. It reminded me of going to Venice beach then going to Santa Monica Pier or going the other way to Redondo Beach of other beaches. I like and prefer that type of beach than what is typical of most beaches in Jamaica. And the water is shallow and it extend for about 70-80 meters into the water. Non swimmers could be our very far into the water and still could comfortable touch the ground. The view was typical of the natural landscape and curvature of the island. I didn’t know what to expect going there for the first time and through once I was there I was surprise there wasn’t more to Negirl given how its very popular both on and off the island but it was still a memory and experience I won’t forget. Even on the drive to Negril which took about 45mins from Montego Bay was a great experience. I saw famous hotels, landmarks, great scenario and learned a bit more about Jamaica’s history. As my stay here is coming to an end Negril was a place I wanted to visit before I leave and I’m glad I did. I was the only place I wanted to visit before leaving that I hadn’t until now.

Below are some of the photos from that trip, click on photo to enlarge.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment